Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Value Tales

Well, it happened again!!! I found a great, super, awesome deal on some rare children's books at my favorite local thrift store!!  With internet access, books aren't really rare anymore, they just cost more once you find them!

When I was in 3rd & 4th grade choir, our choir teacher read to us, The Value Tales, the last few minutes of practice.  I, along with most of the other students, loved these books.  Each book takes a true historical character and tells his/her life story while teaching a value.  For example, Abraham Lincoln's story is The Value of Respect.  Captain Cook's story is The Value of Boldness.  Benjamin Franklin's story is The Value of Saving.  Sacagawea is the value of Adventure. Each historical character has his/her own fictional character that goes along through the story with them.  Kind of like a Jiminy Cricket type character! They are very well written and kids of all ages would love them.   From what I can tell, there are 43 different Value Tale stories.

If you go on Amazon, you can find them used.  Great investment for your children.  In my local area, I have found several of them at thrift stores.  I always buy them even if I already have it because I know someone does not have it and it's too good to just pass by!   Today, I found four brand new ones, that I do not own, and only paid $.75 for all four together!! Whooo!!! Hooo!!!

I'm including a link to the books on Amazon so you can either purchase them for yourself from this link or elsewhere, or you can see what the books look like and keep your eye out for them when you are in your local thrift stores or antique stores.

Happy Reading!


http://www.amazon.com/Value-Saving-Benjamin-Franklin-Valuetales/dp/0916392171/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1328730850&sr=8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment