Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Never Too Late

I recently had one of my Sunday school teachers from when I was in HS tell me that I had inspired her to become a reader.  She had never been a reader.  She very excitedly told me all the classics she has been reading and how much she has enjoyed it.  Even though she is older, I'm going to guess maybe in her 60's, she is acquiring a love for reading! It is never too late!
Mothers, if you are not a reader, it is not too late to become a reader.  We know the importance of helping our children acquire a love for reading, but how can we as mother's pass something along to our children that we do not have? It is never too late. How very important it is that our children see us reading for pleasure and hear us talking about the books we are enjoying.
If you have older children who have not yet learned to love reading, it is not too late! It's NEVER too late! It may take a little more concentrated effort, but it is NEVER too late and the effort is ALWAYS worth  the end results!
It is NEVER too late! I'm so excited for my former Sunday school teacher as she is enjoying the classics that I love so very much! I hope you too have/are/ or will enjoy them as well.  Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment