Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Carolyn Haywood

Carolyn Haywood is one of my very favorite authors.  Her books are all written on a 2nd-4th grade level.  They are clean and innocent.  Her Betsy books are about a little girl named Betsy and all her adventures from going to school for the first time to playing with her friends.  Her Eddie books are my very favorite!! They are out of print and I collect them from Antique stores. I have all of them, but two! Eddie is the youngest in a family of several boys and he gets into all kinds of scrapes, has many wonderful adventures, and collects valuable treasures that his family calls junk! Any boy would love to read about Eddie!! You can find these at your local library, find them online, or look for them at Antique stores.  The Betsy books have been printed again, but I don't care for them as much because the illustrations have been changed to look more modern. The story is still the same so if the new ones are the only ones you can find, still read them!!   These would be great read-aloud stories for your children this summer!  Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you had this blog! I love it!--Aunt Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls LOVED the Betsy books too when they were growing up. How is your Mom doing? Love, Mrs. Fink

    ReplyDelete