Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pinkalicous by Victoria Mann

This past weekend, my husband and I were able to getaway for an overnight trip.  We went to Naperville, IL and had a great time! One of the shops there in town is Anderson's Bookshop.  It is amazing!! They have a tremendous children's section and if I ever ran a book store I would want my children's section to be like theirs!! Very kid friendly and full of interesting books and book related toys.
This past Saturday, June 25th, Victoria Mann, the author of the Pinkalicious series, was there to read her newest book, Silverlicious.  What a treat!! It was so neat to get to hear the author read her own book and to see all the little girls so excitedly listening and following along in their own books.
After reading, she took the time to sign each of their books and was so very kind to the girls.  It was very exciting to me to see so many little girls excited about a book and meeting the author!! I didn't have my girls with me, but knew that my oldest, Kaitlyn, would have loved to have been there and hear the story.  I purchased two of her books that are written on the level of beginner readers and brought them home to Kaitlyn.  By the time she went to bed that evening, she was saying every thing was "Pinkalicious!" She loved the stories!!
These books are great for little girls and fun to read over and over! Try them out and I know your little girls will be saying they are "Pinkalicious!!" Happy Reading!!


 Victoria Mann reading her new "Silverlicious" book to the girls!
 Signing her books for each of the girls!  I stood and watched for just a few minutes and she was so kind to each girl and asked them questions about themselves!  Very nice lady!!

No comments:

Post a Comment