Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Purpose of this Blog

Anyone who knows me knows that I am an avid reader and lover of good books.  My goal with this blog is to help you increase your love and your child's love for reading.  Over the past several months, I have been studying many different aspects of Children's Literature.  I always knew that it was important to help a child learn to read and want to read, but now I feel I know why it is important and a little better how to go about the task of teaching reading and instilling a love for good books.   With this blog, I will pass on the information I have learned from others much more experienced in this subject than I.  My desire for every child is that they will someday feel the same excitement and love for a good book as I have felt for so many.  The title of my blog is, "A Good Book is a Good Friend."  I have many friends whose story is written with pen and ink, their personality is given to them through an author's personality and life experiences, and their essence is found in their written words.  I will enjoy introducing you to my friends and hope they become yours as well!!

3 comments:

  1. You cannot imagine how proud I am of you for doing this. You have so much to offer. I'm looking forward to reading what you share. I know you will be a blessing and an inspiration to many young mothers especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved reading for as long as I can remember!! My childhood summers were filled with finishing at least a book a day! :) I am looking forward to your posts - especially ideas for instilling the love I have for reading in the hearts of my children. My son LOVES for me to read to him, but I don't want him to ever outgrow his love for books because it's "not cool" for boys to read. Thanks for starting this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a world that is becoming more and more known for "dumbing down" its children, this blog will be a welcome and refreshing change!
    I appreciate the time you are willing to invest so that others may learn to love even more the power of the written word, particularly children.
    Sending you all my best,
    Trish Rife

    ReplyDelete